- About us
- Our Ministers
What we do
- Attract and facilitate investment
- Build a strong forest industry
- Deliver transport services
- Develop cultural and creative industries
- Enhance innovation and grow the Information and Communication Technology sector
- Skills Tasmania
- Grow our sectors and maximise competitive advantages
- Grow regional economic prosperity
- Invest in infrastructure to drive economic growth
- Planning reform
- Promote trade and industry
- Regulate the racing industry
- Support the growth of mining
- Support and grow small business
- Harness energy as an economic driver
- Grants and funding
Tasmanian South Asia Mission
Tasmania - Prospectus for South Asia
On 24 August 2016, the Minister for State Growth, the Hon Matthew Groom MP, launched the Tasmania - Prospectus for South Asia in Hobart.
The Prospectus outlines how we will leverage Tasmania’s comparative advantages across specific sectors and markets in India and Sri Lanka to drive our long–term engagement with the South Asia region. Key actions focus on supporting an environment that enables strong commercial partnerships, and on enhancing trust and mutual understanding in the long term as South Asia and Tasmania develops. This will support shared opportunities that will shape the next generation of Tasmanian and South Asian growth.
The Prospectus, with capacity statements from a cross section of South Asian-focused Tasmanian-based businesses and institutions, will be provided to key stakeholders during the government’s inaugural trade mission to India and Sri Lanka in September 2016.