- About us
- Our Ministers
What we do
- Attract and facilitate investment
- Build a strong forest industry
- Deliver transport services
- Develop cultural and creative industries
- Enhance innovation and grow the Information and Communication Technology sector
- Skills Tasmania
- Grow our sectors and maximise competitive advantages
- Grow regional economic prosperity
- Invest in infrastructure to drive economic growth
- Planning reform
- Promote trade and industry
- Regulate the racing industry
- Support the growth of mining
- Support and grow small business
- Harness energy as an economic driver
- Grants and funding
Harness energy as an economic driver
The Department of State Growth provides policy advice on energy issues to the Tasmanian Government and provides input into the development of the framework for the regulation of industry participants in Tasmania’s energy supply industry.
The Government will be developing a "whole of state" energy strategy to identify ways in which energy can be used as a key economic driver for Tasmania.
It also represents Tasmania's views and interests on energy matters to national policy and regulatory bodies and administers assigned energy programs.
There is a focus on ensuring that all Tasmanians continue to enjoy safe, reliable, secure and competitively priced energy - supplied efficiently and sustainably, and used wisely.