- About us
- Our Ministers
What we do
- Attract and facilitate investment
- Build a strong forest industry
- Deliver transport services
- Develop cultural and creative industries
- Enhance innovation and grow the Information and Communication Technology sector
- Skills Tasmania
- Grow our sectors and maximise competitive advantages
- Grow regional economic prosperity
- Invest in infrastructure to drive economic growth
- Planning reform
- Promote trade and industry
- Regulate the racing industry
- Support the growth of mining
- Support and grow small business
- Harness energy as an economic driver
- Grants and funding
Build a strong forest industry
Forestry is critical to Tasmania’s future, and our role is instrumental in developing strategies and policies to rebuild our valuable forestry industry as a key economic driver by creating jobs and opportunities.
We provide the Minister for Resources with advice on forest policy and major reform initiatives, and undertake a range of high level policy implementation tasks.
We also provide regulatory services around forest practices and support and promote the private forestry industry.
For further information: