- About us
- Our Ministers
- What we do
- Grants and funding
- Advanced manufacturing
- Antarctic and Southern Ocean
- Building and construction
- Cultural and Tourism Industry Development Division
- Food and agribusiness
- Forestry and related industries
- Information communication and technology
- International education
- Mining and mineral processing
- Renewable energy
- Science research
In March 2016 the Tasmanian Government launched the Tasmanian Our Fair Share of Defence Strategy. To ensure Tasmanian businesses gains a fairer share of defence spending four key initiatives have been identified and these are:
- Support the development of the specialist skills and training required for defence.
- Promote the defence contracting capability and capacity of Tasmanian businesses.
- Attract defence focused investment and enterprises to Tasmania.
- Leverage off Tasmania’s status as the Southern Ocean and Antarctic Gateway.
The Tasmanian Government is assisting Tasmanian businesses build on their defence capability by developing a defence ready industry base, building industry networks, advocating for our defence ready businesses nationally and internationally to facilitate investment in and growth of the sector. The Our Fair Share of Defence Strategy has been developed specifically to support Tasmanian businesses to build, expand and promote their defence support capability.
Our Fair Share of Defence Strategy here.
The Strategy in action: Supporting Tasmanian businesses to attend trade events.
Land Forces 2016
The Tasmanian Government through the Department of State Growth invested in exhibiting at Australia’s premier land defence exhibition Land Forces for the first time. This year’s event was held in Adelaide from the 6 - 8 September. This activity promoted Tasmania’s defence capabilities directly to industry decision makers and nine defence ready Tasmanian businesses were represented on Tasmania’s stand.
Aquatruck PFG Group Pty Ltd
Blundstone Australia Pty Ltd
Direct Edge (Tas) Pty Ltd
Elphinstone Pty Ltd
Forager Foods Pty Ltd
Jayben Australia Pty Ltd
Moonraker Australia Pty Ltd
Penguin Composites Pty Ltd