- About us
- Our Ministers
- What we do
- Grants and funding
- Advanced manufacturing
- Antarctic and Southern Ocean
- Building and construction
- Cultural and Tourism Industry Development Division
- Food and agribusiness
- Forestry and related industries
- Information communication and technology
- International education
- Mining and mineral processing
- Renewable energy
- Science research
Cultural and Tourism Industry Development Division
Tasmania is at a tipping point. We have a unique position in the imagination of Australia and the world. We are increasingly being recognized as an attractive destination for tourists and for our cultural environment and industries.
The Division works to support and deliver products, services and experiences that appeal to both locals and visitors. It does this through supporting sector development, facilitating delivery, providing funding and through stimulating demand.
The Business Units making up the Division have specific communities of practice (sectors) and relationships, which support policy development, industry development and funding attraction from private and other government sources.
The Division is comprised of Business Units relating to specific work areas – Arts (Arts Tasmania) Screen (Screen Tasmania) Events (Events Tasmania) Tourism and Hospitality Supply Side Support. The Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery (TMAG) make up a significant part of the Division, which is supported in partnership with TMAG Trustees.
The principal objectives of the division are:
- Industry Growth - leading to improved economic performance and increased jobs.
- Brand – significant contributor to Tasmanian identity both locally, nationally and internationally
- Tourism – contribute to both supply and demand aspects of the Tourism Industry.
- Attraction –contribute positively to the quality of life of Tasmanians through providing a range of activities that encourage social participation.
To participate in the online discussion forum or leave feedback on the TAAB and STAB Consultation paper, visit: https://surveys.groupquality.com/survey/c/115424?page_number=1.
|ENABLE SUPPLY SIDE|
|Through support for||
Experiences and Services|
Addressing Market Failure
|STIMULATE DEMAND SIDE|
|Through an approach that||
Focuses on public outcomes|
Is based on research
Seeks out new partnerships
Unlocks latent demand