- About us
- Our Ministers
- What we do
- Grants and funding
Business enabling environment
Improve the business enabling environment for all enterprises.
Key initiatives include:
- Business Tasmania
- provides all government licences, permits, regulations and related forms in one place, the Australian Business Licence Information Service
- reduces the time it takes for business to apply and comply with government regulations
- provides comprehensive information, tools and resources for business
- streamlines government-to-business service delivery
- encourages business-to-government and business-to-business collaboration
- provides 24/7 access to online information.
- Infrastructure Tasmania
- the Government is in the process of establishing Infrastructure Tasmania, which will provide a coordinated approach to the planning and delivery of all major infrastructure in Tasmania, including rail, roads, ports, energy, water and sewerage
- Infrastructure Tasmania will assess, prioritise, and review major economic infrastructure proposals, including the coordination of all infrastructure funding submissions to both the State and Federal Governments.
- Planning Reform Task Force
- the newly established Planning Reform Taskforce is responsible for establishing a single state-wide planning scheme and will also develop a single set of procedures and documents for all applications and permits.